Saturday 12 March 2016

Experiences - I want to hear about yours!

One of aspects I wanted to improve on was to get more involved with the BAPP community. I have a good network in my own professional community, but would also like to know what everyone’s insight is on the BAPP course. 

Most of us have come from a performing arts background and I would like to hear about some of your experiences of performing and particularly if anyone has performed aboard or in an environment with different culture?

My main inquiry is about performers experiences of touring in different cultural settings: Life on and off stage.

I would love to hear about any of your own experiences, however small or big it is!!

My general interests are looking into:

 Do people think there is a difference from touring a show aboard to touring a show in the UK?

If there are any differences is this regarding life on stage or off stage? 

I have written briefly about some of my experiences in a previous blog, please take a read and I would love to know other peoples experiences…..


Thank you 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Francesca,

    I too have travelled and toured around the UK and around the world. I found that there was a huge difference whilst travelling abroad, mainly due to the diverse cultures and their legalisations. For instance, I travelled to Kuwait where alcohol was illegal but you could smoke inside hotels and shopping centres, and in Cairo (Egypt) we had to be chaperoned by body guards at all times and completely cover ourselves including our hair if we stepped outside. Myself and a few other girls were blonde so we attracted a lot of unwanted attention which was quite scary at times.
    So I think that side of touring abroad is very different to touring in the UK- you definitely have a lot more freedom and independence here!!

    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete