Monday 7 March 2016

Catch Up with Paula

After reviewing my feedback and having a one to one with Paula, I have gained three valuable areas that I need to improve on in module 3: 

1). Sources and Literature - I was struggling to find different resources and literature that related to my inquiry directly. Paula has helped me to understand that it is possible to research different aspects of the inquiry and cross reference the ideas to gain more from the research. Rather than giving up after not finding the exact topic in question, I need to think outside the box, so I can further my knowledge on my particular topic. 

2). Discussing my inquiry with other people on the BAPP Course - As we are all doing different topics and our subject areas in question are all very different, I find it quite difficult sometimes to add anything to what other people on the course are working on. I am sure it is probably the case the other way round as well. However there is still a lot to gain from other peoples perspectives and experiences. I am looking forward to discussing with others what they are working on, and I hope it will help me further with my inquiry.  

3). Time-Keeping - At the end of Module 2, I had ran out of time to complete the module to the standard that I had wanted to. I started the module later as I could not decide what to do my inquiry on as there were so many areas I wanted to explore within my Professional Practice. This module however, I am going to make sure I keep on top of my work and do not get behind. 


Overall after reflecting with Paula, I have a clearer understanding of what is expected during this Module and how I can achieve it. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Francesca,

    These sounds like really good action points - especially number 2. I find that although it is difficult to fit posting on my blog and SIG throughout the Modules, this process really helps my work. I also try to visit the BAPP Arts blogs as much as possible to stay connected to people. I admit, I was a completed technophobe and reluctant to discuss ideas over the internet at the start of the course, but this is something I have really embraced this module as I have realise the wealth of knowledge held by fellow students!

    What is your inquiry question now? And how are you finding Module 3?

    Jess.

    ReplyDelete