Wednesday 19 November 2014

Task 2a: Reflective Practice

When I first read about this task I was very skeptical as I really do not enjoy writing a journal, from previous work I have done before I had not enjoyed it and found it quite tedious. However as I started writing this journal and reflecting I have found it very useful and beneficial to look back at what had happened in the day and what I could take away from it. At first I really struggled to find the time to keep the journal up to date, but once I found a routine with it I got stuck into it. I found the best way to do this was to write in my journal before I went to bed. I actually ended up finding the journal quite relaxing and a good way to get all my thoughts out of my head before I went to sleep. I found I actually slept better! 

As I am auditioning still and currently in rehearsals, I have been finding everything very overwhelming and difficult to focus on one thing without my thoughts jumping to something else. From the job I am working on at the moment, to looking for my next job, to keeping up to date with the BAPP work, having a personal life and working at my part-time job until I go away, I have tried to gain as much as I could from this task. I have always been a big list maker, to the point where my family and friends make a joke out of it. I started writing my journal in this way as it was what I knew best and felt most comfortable with. I started by writing the main events of my day, how it made me feel, what I learnt, if anything and what I wanted to change or improve on the next day. 


After a few days I found that using a list format may not have be the best way to write my thoughts out. After reading Reader 2 it opened my eyes to using other ways. In my next blog I will show the different ways I found most useful for myself…….   


http://spiritualboosters.com/2013/07/23/365-journal-writing-ideas/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Francesca - journals can fantastic places - logs of work are kind of like lists but notes what has been going on related to time and place - another idea you might like...kind of like the 'day in the life' task. This can be in pictures as well.

    ReplyDelete